Tuesday 17 January 2017

I Am Earth. A Poem





I am Earth.
I am your mother.
I gave you birth.

I gave you a nest.
A wonderful home
On which you can rest.

I gave you food .
Plenty to eat.
You waste all that's good.

I gave you the seas
And forests and hills,
But you chop down the trees.

You think you're so cool,
But you pollute the air
By the burning of fuel.

You heat up the air
And care not a jot
For the poor polar bear.

Animals die
Because of your greed.
You hear not their cry.

I teemed with life,
Both great and small.
Yet extinction is rife

Like a cancer you spread
Throughout the whole world.
It won't end till you're dead.

But I'll make you pay
For all you have done.
You'll be sorry one day.

I'll shiver my skin.
Your buildings will fall
And bury your kin.

The land I will flood
By raising the seas
And drown all in mud.

My mountains so high
Will belch forth their flames
And you will all die.

I am Earth.
I am your mother.
I gave you birth.

BUT I WILL DESTROY YOU.




Sign up to receive notice of when I post. It's usually each week on a Tuesday, but there are occasional other blogs that I re-blog, or write in response to something I've seen or heard.

No comments: